DATE: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 8:45 am to
Sunday, October 27, 2019 at noon
Tuscarora Scout Reservation – Winter Unit #1 Center Lodge, Windsor, NY
Bob Steele (Course Director) — firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Blumberg (Council Training Committee) — email@example.com / 607-797-0912
BALOO certification covers both Cub Pack and Webelos Den camping !
For Pack or Webelos Den camping, at least one BALOO trained leader MUST be present.
We will learn to Camp, Cook, Hike, Play, and Respect the Environment, all the while keeping the goals of Cub Scouting in Mind and keeping our youth safe.
Please bring the following:
- Tent / ground cloth, we will be camping out !
- Sleeping bag and pad
- Proper clothing for the weather, including
- rain gear
- fleece clothing for wet / cold conditions
- Headlamp (or flashlight)
- Personal eating kit (knife/fork/spoon/large bowl and cup)
- Filled water bottle, approx 1 liter
- Day pack suitable for a 2 hour mid-day hike on Saturday
- Paper and pen (or pencil)
- Personal 1st Aid kit
- Toilet kit (soap, toothbrush/toothpaste, towel, etc)
- Scout uniform
- Comfortable folding chair
- If you have ==> Pocket knife / Matches & fire starters / Compass / Axe
All food & cooking gear will be provided for you to cook your own
Saturday lunch, dinner and Sunday breakfast !
Please register / pay your $25 BALOO course fee by Friday, October 18, 2019, refunds can only be made up till then.
This course requires a minimum of six participants / there is a maximum of 12 participants !
If you do not receive additional information about the course by Tuesday, October 22, 2019
please contact Larry Blumberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
How To REGISTER:
Step 1 — Notify Larry Blumberg
LBlumberg@stny.rr.com or 607-797-0912
Please Provide to Larry the Following Information:
* Address, Phone, E-mail
* Unit number and Position
* Food allergies or special dietary requirements (ie- vegetarian ?)
Step 2 — Make Payment to the Baden-Powell Council Service Center:
Call in your credit card to the Scout Office at 607-648-7888
— or —
Mail or hand-deliver $25 payment to the Scout Office
2150 Rte 12, Binghamton NY 13901
Please be sure to provide your unit number & e-mail address
when making your payment to the Council Service Center !
Step 3 — Take your online prerequisite BALOO training:
There is an online prerequisite training for BALOO
that is required to be taken prior to the course:
– go to my.scouting.org and sign in
– click on the BSA Learn Center icon (found on the right side of the screen)
– click on the Course Catalog tab (found near the top of the page)
– scroll down to BALOO (found under ‘expanded learning’), click on it, and follow the prompts to begin your prerequisite training