Until the First Day of Camp
Nestled in the foothills of the Catskills Mountains, the Tuscarora Scout Reservation encompassing 1,200 acres of forested land on the New York/Pennsylvania Border. Unique program areas and campsites surround our picturesque Summit Lake. Tuscarora has over 13 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails to explore for secluded fishing spots, bear caves, or a hike to the beaver pond. In addition to our merit badge program, choose from many other camp activities including; Mountain Boarding, Log Rolling at Waterfront, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, and our 40ft. Climbing Tower.
- Newly Completed 10 Bathroom Shower House (shower, toilet, and sink in each bathroom)
- 40 foot climbing wall
- Rifle and Shot Gun Programs
- Tomahawk Throwing
- Car Ports provided in each Campsite
For those scouts interested in earning merit badges, Camp Tuscarora has seven program areas and offers 36 merit badges. Popular with the scouts are the Rifle and Shotgun ranges, and the camps 40-foot, three-sided climbing and repelling tower. Camp Tuscarora also offers Waterfront, Scoutcraft, Handicraft, and Nature merit badges along with a first year scout Trailblazer program that focuses on Tenderfoot and Second Class Scout requirements. Completed in 2018, our new shower house has single occupancy stalls that include a shower, toilet, and sink.
Camp Tuscarora offers a variety of camping sites for both summer and winter camping. Camp Tuscarora’s ten summer units are equipped with two-man canvas scout tents on raised platforms, and each unit has ample room for campfires and troop events. The five separate winter units offer a 2-4 eight-person lean-tos surrounding a center lodge with electricity and wood stove. A handicapped site with electricity is also available and is located near the health lodge.
Summer Camp Forms
- Council Office: Baden-Powell Council, BSA – 2150 NYS Route 12, Binghamton, NY 13901
- During the camp season: Tuscarora Scout Reservation, BSA – 205 Summit Lake Road, Windsor, NY 13865
- By phone:
- Council Office: – (607) 648-7888 – 877-674-8876 (toll free)
- Fax: (607) 648-7895
- Camp phone: (607) 467-2721
- By E-mail:
- General Delivery email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Director email: email@example.com
- Council Program Director email: firstname.lastname@example.org