Online Merit Badge Sign-up Instructions
To register a Scout for a merit badge:
Click the Camp Barton Online Merit Badge Sign Up link on the Baden-Powell Council Homepage in the "What's New?" column.
Click week that you are attending camp.
Fill in unit and advancement person’s information to create an account then hit “Save and Continue”. Your username is the email address you have entered in the Advancement Persons Information page
For new registrations click “Add, Modify or Delete Registrants” and add all the registrants who are attending camp. Check the box for attending camp.
After registrants are entered, click “Register for Activities” and either register groups by area or by individual. Be sure to click SAVE after you are done on each page or the merit badge will not be registered for that scout. If entering by individual after you select the badges (no more than the maximum number allowed per round) and have saved them both then click continue. This will display your choice to confirm correct info and then you and select another scout from the drop down menu to repeat the process. Even if no payment is due, the registration, including all changes and updates, will not be saved until you complete the entire registration process by clicking the button "Complete Registration Step 1 of 2" below and then "Make Payment" or "Save" on the next page.
When all badges have been saved, click “Conflict Resolution” to ensure of no conflicts.
You will receive instructions how to set up a password after you click on Make Payment so you can log –in again in the future.
Note: there is an option on the Make Payment area to send a check to council if you don’t have or want to pay by credit card by clicking the option “By Mail”.
UPDATING AN EXISTING REGISTRATION
You will need to request this ID and password by using the instructions below. To update an existing registration you will need a logon ID and password. An ID and password is automatically created for you at the time your group/troop registered for camp or when the Council created your registration.
To obtain your logon ID and password:
1) Go to www.doubleknot.com and select client logon in the upper left hand corner.
2) Obtain your ID and password by selecting "If you have forgotten your User ID or Password click here".
3) Enter the Email address you gave to the Council to set up your registration or the email you used to orginally create the registration and click send password.
4) Go to your email to retrieve your ID and password.
5) Go back to www.doubleknot.com and select client logon in the upper left.
6) Log in using your ID and password. Make sure not to include extra spacing while copying and pasting from the email.
REMEMBER; YOU MUST COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION TO SAVE ANY CHANGES YOU MAKE. COMPLETE MEANS GENERATING A RECEIPT BY GOING TO THE PAYMENT PAGE AND MAKING A PAYMENT OR USING THE MAIL/OFFLINE OPTION AGREEING TO PAYMENT.
1) Go to www.doubleknot.com and log in using your ID and password.
2) Upon logging in you should see your summer camp registration under "view, edit, or pay for registrations".
3) Click on the week of camp and you should be taken to a screen that displays your registration details.
4) If the Council allows registration updates you will see an update button. Click update.
5) Now you are back in your registration and ready to update. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION GENERATING A RECEIPT TO SAVE ANY CHANGES
6) To add names to your registration click on "Please tell us the names of everyone attending camp". On the following page select add name. Next type in the first and last name of the attendee and select save. Repeat this process until you have entered all names of those attending camp (youth and adults). Upon entering the entire camp roster choose the attendee type in the drop down for each name you have entered and click save, then continue.
7) Please note; The Council controls when merit badge sign up is available. When badge sign up is opened by the Council you will see two new menu options. To sign up one boy at a time for badges click on "Individual Merit Badge Sign up". Select the boys name in the drop down menu and select add classes.You will then be brought to a page with a class selection drop down and the corresponding classes which are available. Check any appropriate classes, click save, and choose a new class group from the dropdown. After all classes are chosen for the given boy click continue and choose another boy following the above steps.
8) To Sign up multiple boys at a time for badges click on "Group Merit Badge Sign up". You will then be brought to a screen where you can choose a given class group. After choosing a class group you are brought to a screen where each registered attendee is listed. Use the drop down to select different classes in the chosen class group. After choosing a specific class check the boxes for the boys attending and click save. Move through each desired class for that group and when finished registering in that group click continue. This will bring you back to the class group selection where you can repeat the above process until all boys are signed up.
9) To check for any scheduling conflicts just click on "check for schedule conflicts".
10) To Edit your group info select "Edit your group".
11) When satisfied with your updates click on "Complete Registration Step 1 of 2". You will then be brought to the payment page where you can make a payment or use the mail/offline option to agree to mail in a check or pay online at a later date.
12) AGAIN, PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION TO SAVE ANY CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT GENERATE A RECEIPT YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRATION. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES WITHOUT MAKING PAYMENT PLEASE USE THE MAIL/OFFLINE OPTION ON THE PAYMENT PAGE.